Monday 10 March 2014

Meteorology? QoD things.

Sup guys, haven't been doing many Astronomy posts but obviously am doing one RIGHT NOW! last post was about life on mars and being able to live on there, the QotD answers (Only two..:(?) was Saturn and Pluto, which are pretty good answers, obviously it'd be hard/impossible to live on these two planets or probably any other but ones that has the sources and such... but the QotD was just for fun...

I'm into everything Universe/Space. Anything that is in space or that comes from it, I'm interested in... I'm a bit interested in Meteorology and Astronomy and other Space science... but mostly those two!! So I decided to do some research because I was interested in knowing the difference between a Meteor, Comet, Asteroid, Meteoroid and a Meteorite... so I'll be telling you the difference between them or what they actually are!!! 

Comet!
A comet is a solar system type body that orbits the sun, when it is close to the sun it'll display some sort of fuzzy outline due to solar radiation, or sometimes even a tail!! :3

Asteroid!
Asteroids are made out of rock and metal, is a solar system body, and orbits the sun, the difference between an Asteroid and a Comet is that an Asteroid doesn't have a fuzzy outline nor a tail at all, like Comets do.

Meteoroid!
Meteoroids are small rocks of  debris in our solar system, larger objects that appear to be these aren't, they are Asteroids.

Meteorite!
A meteoroid that crashes through our atmosphere and into our earth is classified as a Meteorite!! Can be any sizes, I think? xD

*Comment if you didn't know any of this info^*

Okay I researched it all recently and decided to share just in case you didn't know, Meteorology focuses around debris and rock things in our Universe/Galaxy, Astronomy focuses around our whole entire Universe. ASTROLOGY? Well I don't really want to even learn anything Astrology, pfft...

QotD things now!!

I'll most likely post QotD's on both WoW/Random things and Astronomy things at the end, if I have nothing else to really post I'll just post a QotD about something random... won't necessarily be about Astronomy nor WoW, could be about life or something... so yeah, if I miss a QotD on a day, I won't post two on the next day, I won't follow up on it so yeeeeaaaahhhh....

QotD(Question of the Day): Which one do you think is the 'coolest'? Comet? Asteroid? Meteoroid? or a Meteorite?! Comment your answer!!

*Important?*

Okay, can't figure out how to move Astronomy posts to Astronomy page but oh well, it'll have to be here on Home page till I figure it out *Am new to Blogger* so you'll be seeing mixed up posts! SORRY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment